In general I rarely share recipes, not because I keep the secret to my self but because the Internet is so full of recipes that I prefer to teach about other topics, but for some reason the following recipe has been requested from me so often I have decided to post it here. It is a great recipe for a chicken liver parfait with a creamy texture achieved by a simple technique demonstrated below.
Parfait chicken liver:
- 400gr chicken livers
- 12gr salt
- 5gr pink salt (optional)
- 2gr ground white pepper
- 5 eggs
- 400gr unsalted butter
(this is a combination of ingredients that will give the parfait its unique flavor)
- 50gr chopped onions
- 1gr chopped thyme
- 75ml cognac
- 75ml red wine
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
Lining: the lining process (optional) see explanation and photo below
Sliced back fat or bacon
- Combine all the ingredients that I mentioned in “flavor” in a pot and set aside half of the mixture
- Liquidise the chicken liver (in a blender) with the seasoning until smooth – add eggs 1 by 1
- Add the “flavor mixture” and gradually mix in the melted butter-pass trough chinois.
- Pour into a terrine lined with back fat or bacon or directly into a silicon mold.
- Cook at 120deg “Bain – Marie” for about 1 hour until firm and core temp is 73deg.
Serve with brioche bread and pickles, onion jam…
Here are a few photos of how I have prepared this dish with the recipe.
In the following photo, I cooked the parfait directly in a silicon mold