In general I rarely share recipes not because I keep the secret to my self but because the Internet is so full of recipes so I preferre to educate on other topics , but for some reason the following recipe as been asked over and over so I am sharing with you this wonderful recipe of what is known ” chicken liver parfait ” it’s a wonderful creamy texture which is achieved by a simple technique demonstrated below .
Parfait chicken liver:
- 400gr chicken livers
- 12gr salt
- 5gr pink salt (optional)
- 2gr ground white pepper
- 5 eggs
- 400gr unsalted butter
Reduction:(this is a combination of ingredients that will give the parfait it’s unique flavor )
- 50gr chopped onions
- 1gr chopped thyme
- 75ml cognac
- 75ml red wine
- 1 clove garlic chopped
Lining: the lining process that is optional see explanation and photo below.
Sliced back fat or bacon
- Combine all ingredients from reduction in pot and reduce by ½ -set aside.
- Liquidise (in a blender) the chicken liver with the seasoning until smooth-add eggs 1 by 1.
- Add “reduction” and gradually blend in melted butter-pass trough chinois.
- Pour into a terrine lined with back fat or bacon or directly into a silicon.
- Cook at 120deg “Bain- Marie” about 1 hour until firm and core tem 73deg.
Serve with brioche bread and pickles, onion jam…,
Here are few photos of my work of the recipe .
In the flowing photo I cooked the parfait directly in a silicon mold